Full Job Description
This is where you save and sustain lives
At Baxter, we are deeply connected by our mission. No matter your role at Baxter, your work makes a positive impact on people around the world. You’ll feel a sense of purpose throughout the organization, as we know our work improves outcomes for millions of patients.
Baxter’s products and therapies are found in almost every hospital worldwide, in clinics and in the home. For over 85 years, we have pioneered significant medical innovations that transform healthcare.
Together, we create a place where we are happy, successful and inspire each other. This is where you can do your best work.
Join us at the intersection of saving and sustaining lives—where your purpose accelerates our mission.
Your role at Baxter
Baxter Canada is seeking a Field Service Technician II to cover the Mississauga region. Reporting to the Service Operations Manager – Central & Eastern Canada, will be home based, but expected to travel throughout the region, servicing customers in locations such as hospitals and long-term care facilities. The successful candidate will provide advanced technical service support, troubleshooting, major inspections, and complex repairs for all assigned products throughout the region and elsewhere as may be assigned.
It is preferred that the successful candidate resides in the Mississauga area, though other parts of the Northern Ontario region will be considered.
What you’ll be doing
- Develop ability to service Hillrom & Baxter products. These include (Pre-Installation and Preventive Maintenance (PMs), Routine Maintenance (RM’s), component replacement and minor cosmetic repairs.
- Delivers and removes products as well as completes functional checks. Frequent pick-up and delivery of medical equipment to customer facilities
- Use manufacturers’ service manuals and documentation to provide initial troubleshooting and/or minor repairs along with accurate documentation of repair or work performed on service work orders.
- Provide excellent customer service through assessing customer needs and addressing them in a timely manner. Develops and maintains good relationships with various levels of internal and external customers.
- Guide customers to give a basic product functionality overview (technical in-service) of delivered rental products
- Coordinate parts ordering/shipping with the customer and use hand-held device for to leverage Field Service Lightning work order management system to document in field service work order with high attention to documentation details
- Maintains a clean and safe work environment. Safety training, meeting and medical testing requirements are kept up to date. Operates safely and within guidelines or regulations. Demonstrates a pro-active approach towards safety, health, and quality in compliance with all company, governmental and customer regulations.
- Collaborates and communicates effectively with sales, co-workers, other departments, and customers
- Exhibits excellent time management skills. Participates in the on-call rotation to provide 24/7 coverage. Meets project deadlines (i.e. for field product upgrades and modifications, mods)
- Warehouse responsibilities may include ensuring all safety, quality & compliance procedures are adhered to for product maintenance and inventory
- All other duties as assigned
What you’ll bring
- Successful attainment of Diploma from a Technical, Trade School in mechanical, electrical, or related program, or a comparable combination of education and experience
- Minimum of three years’ work experience using basic mechanical, diagnostic and trouble-shooting skills, ideally with medical devices OR similar electromechanical devices in the automotive, consumer electronics, industrial, or aerospace sectors
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated experience in providing excellent in-person and telephone customer service
- Basic Microsoft Office Suite skills, using Teams/Zoom for virtual meetings is required.
- The ability to regularly lift, push, and pull up to 50 pounds
- Valid driver’s license with a minimum of three years current, clean drivers’ abstract – Quebec Class 3 license
Experience and/or willingness to learn and safely drive and operate a 5-ton truck about 20-24 feet in size.
- Aptitude for fundamental mathematical skills, e.g. addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division
- Valid passport & visa for training and meetings to the US
- Bilingual French and English
- The flexibility and willingness to travel as directed, up to 40% of a regular work week on average, including overnight travel
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.
Recruitment Fraud Notice
Baxter has discovered incidents of employment scams, where fraudulent parties pose as Baxter employees, recruiters, or other agents, and engage with online job seekers in an attempt to steal personal and/or financial information. To learn how you can protect yourself, review our Recruitment Fraud Notice.