Full Job Description
About the Role
We’re looking to grow our frontline team in Mississauga. The Greenlight Hub is staffed with Uber Experts who have in-person and virtual interactions with customers who drive and deliver on the Uber platform. Our team uses a combination of sales, customer service, and problem solving to help “Earners” get more value out of their time using Uber. Uber Experts are skilled at converting prospective customers to take their first trip, helping existing users earn more with Uber, and reengaging users who have stopped using the platform.
About the Team
Earners keep Uber moving. Greenlight Locations exist to maximize the contribution that Earners have on the network by providing high-touch support in the interest of keeping drivers engaged and online. Greenlight Experts are positive, upbeat “people people” who thrive on helping others accomplish their goals.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.
Offices continue to be central to collaboration and Uber’s cultural identity. Unless formally approved to work fully remotely, Uber expects employees to spend at least half of their work time in their assigned office. For certain roles, such as those based at green-light hubs, employees are expected to be in-office for 100% of their time. Please speak with your recruiter to better understand in-office expectations for this role.
What You’ll Do
- Have 1:1 and group interactions with current and prospective Uber customers, mostly drivers + delivery people
- Ask probing questions to understand customers needs, reservations, and goals; pitch Uber as a solution
- Convert prospective earners to take their first trip on the platform
- Follow support logic to help existing earners with troubleshooting
- Be persuasive, empathetic, and creative in helping customers decide to leverage Uber more
- Re-engage Earners who have stopped using the platform by overcoming blocks and obstacles they are facing
- Experience in a customer-facing role
- Able to work in-person at our Oakland Greenlight Hub (8000 Edgewater Drive)Schedule: Monday – Friday, 9am – 5:30pm
- Sales, account management, or business development experience
- Previous role in retail, customer service, or customer support with conversion/retention goals
- Demonstrated ability to problem solve and troubleshoot
- Effective communication skills with the ability to interact and connect with many types of personalities
- Expected to remain in a stationary position, often sitting or standing for prolonged periods
- May be required to perform repeating motions that include the wrists, hands and/or fingers, e.g., using a keyboar
Additional Requirements include but are not limited to the following:
- Required to have regular and predictable attendance in the assigned work location
- Ability to work in an open floor plan with moderate noise
Please note that the Uber Expert position is an hourly role with a set wage. Uber does not provide visa sponsorship and/or relocation support for this role.