Job Title: Farm Labourer
Location: Port Williams, NS
Shift: Morning, Night, Overnight
The Agri-Crew Worker is responsible for general farm work that relates to barn preparation prior to new flocks arriving. This includes cleaning and washing the barns. During the flock cycle the employee will help with bird vaccination, move birds from grow to lay barns and other farm related duties as required. Duties could include grass mowing and trimming, painting, garbage removal and other farm related chores as required. Tasks required could be either inside or outside as required; with work conditions changing during seasons Work environment will be dusty at times with strong odors. Heavy lifting may be required or removal of equipment during barn clean-out and set up.
The work schedule for this position is Monday to Friday, averaging 40 hours per week.
Weekend and/or holiday work may be required based on operational requirements.
3 month contract position
- Remove litter from breeder barns
- Clean out and washing of barns
- Moving live birds from grow to lay barns
- Vaccinating birds
- Assisting with equipment maintenance
- Grass mowing and trimming, painting and garbage removal
- Farm related chores as required
- Protect the organization’s value by keeping all protected and proprietary information confidential
- Practice bio security protocol
- Follow all safety processes and procedures
- All other duties as assigned
- Grade 12 or equivalent preferred
- Ability to work with live poultry
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to lift to 50 lbs
- Mechanical aptitude would be an asset
- Strong commitment to health & safety
Experience in the agricultural industry and/or food processing preferable
Valid drivers’ license with a clean drivers abstract
Experience operating farm tractors would be an asset
Properly wear personal protective equipment (PPE), including respirators as required
The position operates indoors in a farm/barn environment. Work environment may be warm and humid, cold in the winter months, dusty at times with strong odours, and noisy. Standing for long periods of time and repetitive tasks are common.
Who can apply to this job?
The employer accepts applications from:
- Canadian citizens and permanent or temporary residents of Canada.
- Other candidates with or without a valid Canadian work permit.
How to apply
Online: Apply On Company WebSite